Malta's catacombs undergo restoration
|The Ta' Bistra catacomb, near Mt St Joseph in Mosta [Credit: Times of Malta]|
Discovered in 1891, the site features sculpted spiral borders, scallop shells, arched pottery shelves and agape tables.
|St Augustine’s catacombs [Credit: Archaeotur]|
The project, led by the Mosta local council with the collaboration of the Rabat local council, Heritage Malta and the Malta Tourism Authority, has an ERDF budgetary allocation from the Italy-Malta Programme of €635,460.
The Italy-Malta 2007-2013 Cross Border Programme is coordinated by the Territorial Cooperation Unit within the Funds and Programmes Division at the Office of the Prime Minister.
Source: Times of Malta [October 01, 2012]